I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spending Aidiladha in Tangkak


Dear Diary,

I fell asleep right after I had my late dinner after work. I was still in my working clothes and I lie down in the bed and shut my eyes. Immediately I was in dreamland. I was tired and exhausted from the activities I had over the weekend. We had so much fun over the weekend that I felt awkward coming back to Singapore. The whole entourage of family was in Tangkak for Aidiladha. We had three cows and two goats to sacrifice. 

It was the biggest event ever I believe and it was more organized at home then the first one we had two years back. The house is fully equipped with furniture and utensils to use to cook. We were never short of anything and that made me proud because I contributed the bulk of the useful utensils. The stalls that I had closed in Kuala Lumpur, gave me the chance to keep and bring back all the lock stock and barrels. At least they did not go to waste. 

We had beef and mutton beriyani and we had many more food. I was in charge of the drinks and my job was to make sure there was enough supply of water to drink. I supposed that suited me a lot. Mum and dad occupied themselves with entertaining the guests. My elder brother was busy with his own thing and I took care of the house overall. Everyone of us had our role and duty. We somehow managed with whatever we have. 

The aunties, uncles and cousins had fun especially the night when we played the fireworks. We bought fireworks illegally from the shop that we knew had these supplies. It was not easy because they only sell the fireworks to regulars and to people with faces they deemed trustworthy. I was rejected but my cousin brothers were not so I was thinking I am the one with the angelic face among them perhaps while they had the face of a crook. 

We almost spent about RM1000 on fireworks alone. We bought seven of the middle range ones each cost about RM100. It was expensive but it was worthwhile. The fireworks was spectacular almost like the ones you always get to see during the national day celebration in the stadium only that they were a little smaller, less grand and ends quickly. Despite all that, it was enough to impress the Singaporeans who never got the chance to play fireworks in their own country. 

Everybody looked up when we launch the fireworks, I could see the faces filled with excitements, old and young they were all happy faces. When the fireworks ended, everybody clapped and cheered. I felt like I was in a stadium watching the national day parade only that the crowd is smaller and less fireworks display. The house was filled with laughter of joy and happiness. It was fun although it was tiring. The weekend spent with them was fulfilling and I wished I could be that happy and carefree forever. I wish I could just stay in Tangkak without having to worry about work and having to come back to Singapore. 

I am tired of working Diary and I hope I could get my plans started. This work is giving me an enormous pressure. It even visited me in my dreams and that is something I cannot tolerate. I wake up thinking about it and dreaming about it is the last thing I want to do. It is really about time that I do something about it. I am one month away from executing my second phase of my dream. Let us hope it works Diary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment