I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Saving For A Vacation With My Parents



Dear Diary,
 
I am in the office killing my time by writing to you discreetly. Of course I cannot be doing this as this is not part of my job scope. I have decided to go easy on my work and write to you instead. My attitude is so much different than when I was in the bank. Sales was everything to me. I did nothing but everything that I could to achieve my sales target. Well, things are different now here. I take my job easy and I do what I can to get a sale. I still don’t know what is going to be my plan. Am I going to open a food stall, drive a cab, get a new non sales job or continue my contract here. I am contemplating and I have not decided yet. What I do know now is I want to go for a holiday with my parents and I want to spend some time in Tangkak after I finish my contract.
 
I am planning for a Vietnam tour next year in March. I will be going with my parents. We are going to take a tour package and I have arranged for it already. I need to put aside some money for this tour. I will probably have to spend a thousand altogether. Mother is getting $600 from her company for this trip. The package probably cost us about USD 550 each inclusive of flight ticket. I have the money already but I am saving $100 every month to top up my savings. It hurts a bit to use up your savings but I know this is natural. It is just that I simply want to save as much as I could so my savings will not dry up. 

The road tax for my car is expiring end of May in 2014 and that would cost me about RM500 to renew the road with the insurance. I have to be financially prepared for all these. Although I have the money ready now but I still feel that I have a duty to save and top up my savings instead of simply using it. The savings are for my business plan. I know what I want and where I want to be in 4 years time. I am doing it for myself and my family. I am focus now. Whoever is waiting for me then, it is secondary. The primary thing is to get my plan executed and my ass back to where my heart is; Subang Jaya.  
 
I am a little bit worried about dad as we have to get into and out of a small sampan in one of the days of the tour. I wonder if his legs are strong enough to climb in and out of the sampan. The thing about my dad is he is mentally weak and can be quite demanding when it comes to travelling. I have mentally prepared myself too for the worst. It takes a lot of patience to bring my parents. Mother is one hot tempered old woman and my dad is one slow hard of hearing demanding old man. You have to shout at him in order for him to hear you. He is wearing hearing aid but he is lazy to switch it on sometimes and that resulted in you raising your voice. People who don’t know my family will think that we are one weird family but that is what it is all about and that makes us one family. 
 
I am already writing down the list of the things to bring for this trip. I cannot wait to use my camera. I bought the camera for my backpacking trip which I had planned with Hello Kitty in March 2014 but since we have broken up, this trip is a good replacement. I have yet to buy a tripod for the camera. I am thinking of bringing a foldable metal chair for my dad so it is easy for him to sit as and when he likes during the tour. Dad does not have strong legs anymore. He is overweight and he needs to sit now and then if he is walking. 

I pray to Allah that it will be easier for us. It looks like my big brother is not coming with us so I will be the one to take care of my parents while we are there. I just need to be patient with things and I wish mother is going to be considerate as well and mellow down with her temper. I hope she will leave the tiger in her behind in Singapore when we leave for Vietnam and may things be a smooth sailing for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment