I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Think I Am Just Lucky

Dear diary,

I have started work officially now. Although I missed three days of training I think I am getting on quite well. I felt pressurised by the environment especially with the sacking of two of my colleagues by mr potato. It was shocking the news especially for the reasons they got fired. I am somewhat afraid that might happened to me because I knew I was close to getting fired. I fell sick during the training and I got 2 days medical leave for that.

I guess mr potato got irritated by all those trainees who got sick and he simply sacked them. I still wonder why he did not sack me because I knew I am not his favourite trainee in the class. Genie the ex singapore airlines crew was his favourite and everybody knows that. She never failed to score the highest whenever we had a test. She always got high praises when she answered a question correctly and she always got the attentions from all the British managers.

I knew I was walking on a thin line of fire when I fell sick during the training. I was worried if that could cost me the job. Thank God it did not. I am not sure why the other two got fired but by reading between the lines I knew why. Mr potato is someone whom you do not want to get into an argument. You do what he says and you don't question him. He simply hates it. I supposed the two that got fired made him upset by questioning him and being stubborn.

I still feel that it is unfair for the two to get fired. It is especially so on the grounds they got fired. But I supposed that is just how mr potato handles things. If he hates somebody, he simply sacks him. I am not sure if that's the culture in the company or it is how the British works or that is just how Mr potato's personality but it is surely worrying to know how easy they let people go on baseless grounds.

I am not sure how long I can last in this company. I want to make it my career but I am scared at how they treat people. I supposed they really rule things with an iron fist. It is scary isn't it Diary? I have not had any frictions with mr potato yet and I hope I will not. I really do not know what I am going to do if I got sack over some small trivial matter. Yikes!! I know it is not the end of the world yet but it is surely a dissapointment because this job really pays me well with a base salary and high commissions. All I have to do is be on the roll and do what I am supposed to do which is to make sales.
Please diary, you will pray for me won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment