I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bring Out The Optimism



Dear Diary,

 I have done a lot of homework for my business proposal. Day after day, I managed to find answers to my questions. I use the internet a lot nowadays to do my research. I have gotten the prices of the raw ingredients from the supplier in Malaysia and I managed to find a few suppliers in Singapore. I have to do price comparisons and decide which supplier is the most suitable. As I am new, of course they cannot give me credit terms. Everything has to be purchase with cash.

To tell you the truth, I am a bit scared to start all these. I cannot describe my feelings now because I know I am alone in this. I do not think mother is at all excited about my idea. I did hint to her a few times and tried to make small conversations with her about it but she did not seem interested. She did not pass any comment neither did she discourages me. She simply let me speak. I stopped talking to her about it when I realised it does not interest her. Mother has always been like that. She is not business minded and perhaps she is still disappointed with me for not finishing my law degree in Malaysia. Instead, I got into business and never brought a degree home to Singapore.

It is ok Diary. Everything is going to be alright. I did not share this with everybody officially. I just spoke about it randomly with my friends. I am getting motivated on my own. I try to read about successful business people and how they became successful. I read motivational quotes as often as I can. I coached myself to forget about my failures. I am still afraid and I do not know if I am going to make it. If I fail, I do not know what is going to happen to me. I guess I have to start all over again. I do not want to fail this time because I am putting all my hard-earned cash in this. 

Many times, I have heard people say it does not matter how many times you fail. It does not matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because... All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.

Writing the business proposal is a good thing for me. I began to understand the importance of a business proposal. It helps me to be prepared of what to expect. I have had three businesses in Malaysia. Only one was a success. I have had a fair share of experiences. In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later. I am not sure how much failed experience can I take some more. 

I do not know if I have chosen the right product. I hope this product is right. You know Henry Ford once said it is not the employer who pays the wages. He only handles the money. It is the product that pays the wages. Oh Diary, I am beginning to feel discourage already. I think I am going to finish the proposal and present it to the committee. If I am shortlisted, they will call me and that means they like my idea. The committee members consist of businesspersons who have been there and done that. Therefore, if they like my idea that also means with the right attitude, product and location, my business idea will have the potential of making it good. Is it right Diary? 

The good thing is, if I qualify to get the grant, they will also appoint a mentor relevant to my business to guide me. That is what I like about it. I need a mentor, a professional one. Nobody can do it alone. If you know, the already successful business people have their own coach. Sportsmen and women have one too. I must realise that we all need help regardless how independent we are. If things go well, it is just me Diary. I must at least try to see if they are going to like my proposal. To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart. I must be an optimist this time, because in optimism there is magic. In pessimism, there is nothing. I must learn how to look at the brighter side of life otherwise; it will be too hard to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment