I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Tears Came To Wash My Soul



Dear Diary,

I went out walking aimlessly at the wet market near my house. I saw two shops that are up for rent. I called the agents immediately to ask for the price. One is at $2,400 and the other one is at $1,700 exclusive of utilities. I was supposed to do something but I got sidetracked and ended up doing something else instead. The idea just came and it was spontaneous. I knew that was what I wanted to do but I did not think that I would skip doing that one thing that was of most important simply to check out the shops.

I was excited. I started to imagine things and envision the future when I have the shop to myself. It was okay at the beginning but when I started to realise the hassle and trouble I have to go through, I allow reality to sink in. I text Tiger and told her of my intentions. Tiger was positive about things. A few days back, she told me of a half shop that is up for rent near her house in Sepang. She suggested that I make a comeback and try it out there. I was afraid to commit because I knew I am going to be in Malaysia and I will be all alone. I do not even know who is going to be my business partner. Running a restaurant is not an easy task. There are lots of work to be done. I declined the offer. I wanted to stick to my product.

What happened today changed my mind. I was excited about the shops but I honestly think that my product is not suitable for the location. The product I have in mind suits a crowded area where there will be many young people. The food I want to sell most of the times appeal to the young and if it is a wet market we are talking about, this product is a NO-NO. 

So there I was thinking of going back to the products I had originally plan to sell, what else but our own Malay cuisine. Malay breakfast is hard to find there. It is only logic to start selling a product that is desired the most. You have to sell what people want and not what you want. The shops however, do not allow cooking with gas cylinders. This is the thing with HDB commercial properties. There are rules and regulations that you have to meet and everything you want to do, you must have license and permits.

It can be quite troublesome. I was thinking to cook at home and pre pack the food before I bring it over to the shop. I started thinking about logistics and feasibility. That idea is hard. I do not drive in Singapore, although public transport in Singapore is efficient it will still be troublesome. So many things were playing in my head while I enjoyed my sweet corn dessert. 

While I text Tiger, I started to realise that perhaps I could just make the move to Malaysia and start there soon instead of waiting for the ‘right’ time. Apparently, she studied the location and a Malay restaurant would be ideal. I became excited again. I went home and tried to tell mother about my little adventure this afternoon. She looked at me and simply nodded. That was all she did. My heart broke into pieces. I don't know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too. There are many times where I simply wanted to tell her that all I need is some encouragements and motivations. Don’t I deserve some encouragements at least although I have failed her many times? I know children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them. I am good Diary. I supposed mother has forgiven all my mistakes too. I hope she knows that failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.

I swear I told myself not to discuss anything about my business ideas with mother to avoid dissapointments. But I am only human and I need blessings from my parents. Perhaps it is true that our mother protected us from the world and our father threatened us with it. I just wanted to hear good words but I did not. I went inside my room and wiped away the tears in my eyes. The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep.  I was tearing I knew but most importantly my heart felt so heavy. I let my tears come. I let them water my soul. Upturned toward the sun, eyes closed.  That color and warmth I see and feel is the soul on fire.  If only it remained when again my eyes opened. I feel so much to prove to mother. I guess it is good for me to cry because the soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

I have to stop. I love my mother and I love my family and all the living things on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment