I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Thursday, November 2, 2017

How Sleepy I can Get

Dear Diary,

I feel sleepy a lot nowadays. I think I know why but I cannot help it because I am hooked on it. You see, I have a TV in my room but I hardly use it as it has no cable. The reception is bad and I always have to adjust the antenna to get a clearer picture. I watch TV in the living room with mother and I have no control of the remote. Mother conquers it. So like it or not, I have to watch the channels she watches and that include Koreans.

Every night without fail from Monday to Friday, she watches this Korean drama. I watch along and that leads me to get hook on it too. How ironic is it? I never thought I would get hooked on it but really, I have no choice. I still think it is all about the storyline of the drama too. This drama titled “The Love Is Coming” has good plots and they make sense to me. It is a family drama which does not compromise logic. I guess that is what keeps me hooked. The drama starts at 9.15 in the evening and ends at 11.15 close to midnight. So that explains why I get sleepy easily. I wake up at half past 6 in the morning every day. I pray and I begin my day from the moment I wake up. I do not go back to sleep after Fajr prayer because I read somewhere, in order to have abundant wealth, Islam encourages Muslims to stay awake after Fajr prayers. I am practising it to turn it into a habit.

I also have this bad habit to surf the internet on my phone before I go to sleep. I do not like this habit Diary. I know if I keep doing it, I am risking my eyes to possible temporary blindness. It is bad to look at your phone in the dark. The effects will be on your eyes. I did some reading on it. It is not really that serious but people should stop doing it.

After surfing on my phone, I will usually go to sleep around midnight or half past midnight. I did not have to try hard to sleep. Most of the times, the phone would simply slip off my hand while I am holding the phone. That shows how sleepy I would be. It is alright if you are in the bed but when you are driving, it can be hazardous.

 Do you know that I almost met with an accident last Sunday? I opened my eyes in the nick of time. There were five of us in the car. It was my car as I was from Tangkak and so I picked up the rest of the hikers along the way. From Tangkak I drove to Ayer Keroh Melaka to Putra Mahkota in Bangi and then to Serdang KTM and lastly to Sungai Buloh Rest and Relax to the meeting point of the hike in Cameron Highlands.

I drove alone to and fro. Driving to the starting point of the hike was not bad as I had enough rest and sleep. But it was such an ordeal driving back home after the hike. I was tired and sleepy. None of us had enough rest and sleep. I was in the first group. I reached our car at 7pm. I had to wait for the rest of the hikers who carpooled with me. They reached my car at 9pm. I had to wait for them to change to dry clothes, got organised and ready to leave.

My car was the last car to leave the car park. Driving down from Cameron was scary as it was drizzling and cold, the fog was so thick that I could not see what was in front of me. I got pissed somehow with the rest of the people who carpooled with me. None of them seemed to be able to help. I stopped my car in the middle of the road and told them I will have to stop because I dare not drive in such situations. I couldn’t care less about what they would think because they were a bunch of hopeless people. I did not give a damn if they need to get home early unless one of them volunteer to drive. One person did and he drove down to a restaurant nearby where we had our supper. Well, at least one person knows I meant business. After supper, we headed back home. I volunteered to drive as I thought the rest needed to sleep and I did not have to work anymore so I really thought they needed the sleep more than I did.

This is the thing about me. I care too much about the well being of people that sometimes I neglected my own comfort. So I drove from the restaurant to Sungai Buloh to Serdang to Putra Mahkota and then to Ayer Keroh. I had not slept for more than 20 hours, I had used up almost all of my energy hiking and now I had to keep my eyes awake for another 7 hours at least. I got to Tangkak at 5 in the morning.  

I felt sleepy, like really sleepy while I was driving to Ayer Keroh. You know a sleepy woman's eyes generally go to bed sometime before she does. My eyes literally closed on me and when I opened my eyes, my car was going into the other lane and was about to hit a car from behind until I swerved it back to my lane. That simply proves that without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds. I was not alone in the car, I had another friend with me but he was too busy to notice my car was swaying as he was looking at his phone. That pissed me off. I somewhat dislike this group of people who carpooled with me this time because they are all uncooperative and selfish. I simply got bored with them but well, this is a fact I have to face about carpooling to go hiking.

It will always be my car as I am from Tangkak. I drive up towards KL and that’s where most hikers are. If I do not offer my car, I do not know where to park my car overnight. I do not feel safe leaving my car overnight at a place I do not know quite well. I can always park my car at my friend’s house or my aunt’s house but that would be troublesome. I just do not want to trouble people. I figured I have to deal with it anyhow as using my car for the carpool seems the most logical thing to do.   



No comments:

Post a Comment