I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rolly Polly Went To Singapore : Part 1

Dear Diary,

Rolly Polly followed me back to Singapore on Friday. She spent a total of three days and four nights at my home. It was a narrow escape. We almost did not make it to Singapore but she came up with the idea of driving in and that actually saved us. I did not think that it was necessary to get the tickets earlier because in my two years as a regular customer to the coach operator, I never had problems getting the tickets even at the last minute. I thought it would be easier this time but I was wrong. We planned to go to Singapore last Friday. I have failed to remember that Friday was a public holiday and it was during the school holiday.

I went to Holiday Villa on Thursday morning only to be greatly disappointed. I was dumbstruck actually. There was not a single tickets left on Friday, Saturday or the day after Saturday. The only choice we had was to opt for the coaches in Puduraya, which would be my last resort. You know how I hate the people, the bus operators and Puduraya itself. That place is no different from a market with so many almost uncivilized people; it bores me at the thought that I have to take the bus to Singapore from there. I still remember when I had just moved to Kuala Lumpur and how I bought ticket from one of the bus operator there. The bus was supposed to leave at noon but instead it left two hours later all because they wanted so much to fill up all empty seats first. They did not at all take the other passengers needs and priorities into consideration. If anyone of us complained, they would just told us off. That is how it is in Puduraya.

You know Diary, I have just realized that it is true what people say that there is silver lining behind every dark clouds. If I had not broken up with Infinity, I will forever be taking the bus from Puduraya back to Singapore. Only when I had broken up with her, I had difficulty going to Puduraya from Subang Jaya on my own. The cab ride is just a last resort. I have grown so fed up with the taxi drivers here refusing to use the meters to charge passengers. I was just lucky to have known about this travel agency that also provides direct coach service to Singapore from Bangsar and vice versa. And just about early last year, they opened another branch providing the same service from Subang Holiday Villa to Singapore and vice versa. So that is how I started to enjoy the service, never had my foot on Puduraya ever since then.

I supposed Rolly polly wanted so much to go to Singapore because when I told her all the tickets were out, characteristically she was always positive and made effort to ask her brother to look for tickets from Kajang while she go look for tickets in Puduraya. I was really hoping all tickets were out too in Puduraya. I did not want to go there anyhow and when we did not manage to get any tickets elsewhere, Rolly Polly decided to drive. So that was how we got to Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment