I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Money Is The Thing Now...

Dear Diary,


I woke up at six today but I went back to sleep and woke up at half past nine. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and started cleaning the house. I was expecting someone to come to the house to valuate it. You know we are selling the house don’t you Diary? We need to get the house valuate first before we can set the selling price. They will post the result to our agent in two weeks time. I am actually quite nervous to wait for the result. I wonder how much will it be worth this time. When I bought this house five years ago, the valuation was not that much since the property market was slow and discouraging at that time but still it was one quarter of a million then.

Diary, do you know that the process of selling this house has brought up some issues in my family especially with my dad. I happen to be the one that has to listen to him babbling about those issues. There he is day and night, trying to get his message through me. I listened like an obedient child, faithful and obliging to my parent. I have to admit Diary, it has taken its toll on me actually but I know I have to give an ear to my father. Who else is there to listen to him? It is not that big of an issue actually. All it needs is just a little patience, understanding and perhaps a little contentment and complacent too.

Since I came back here, I have prayed hard that everything would go smoothly. I hate issues you know Diary. I really hate them. I have plenty to think of and they are not helping me at all. They are merely unnecessary and distractions to me. I have had some talk with dad and I supposed I have put some sense into him. I am not sure Diary but he seems mellowed. Just do not start talking about the issue and he will be fine otherwise, he will start the drill on me all over again.

Diary, I have been thinking a lot lately. Once we have sold this house, I will not have anymore property in Singapore. The new house will solely be my brother’s and I have no share in it. Since that is the case, I have to make work everything that I have planned. I am giving myself three years from now. Well, so here I am Diary trying to bring fantasies to life, dreams come true and wishes fulfilled. It is not easy and nobody has ever told me it is easy but I know I will pull through with the support of my family, good friends, the extended family and everyone else who has shown me love in my journey. I have injected the spirit of optimism in myself because a pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. Not that I have this major difficulties I have to hurdle, times are just not on my side yet.

Sometimes I really wish I could be as easy as I can on life and not taking things too seriously. If I can live a simple life, I would but I cannot afford to do that. I supposed we all have dreams, visions and goals in life that we all want to achieve. Achieving those make us feel complete to some and maybe successful. In a world where we live now, everything is about money. The phrase money cannot buy happiness has long gone in my collections of proverbs. It does not apply in today’s modern world anymore. There are many cases of suicides that are motivated by lack of money. Yes, Diary they probably did not cut their coat according to the cloth they had. The fact that money plays a vital role in someone’s ease of mind today just cannot be denied. Sure, you control how you live but that is if you do not even try to keep up with the Joneses. The question now is, can you or can you not? It is subjective and debatable but all I am saying is, it all boils down on you and what is required out of you. What kind of life do you want to lead? Ask me Diary and I would say I want a cash rich life, earn big income passively from multiple sources and have a choice to retire early. *Winks* 

No comments:

Post a Comment