I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Thursday, July 7, 2005

being savvy with gadgets

dear diary,
.
i did not plan to buy a laptop when i was browsing at Harvey Norman in my neighbourhood shopping centre. i knew i need a laptop but i only thought that i need it late this year. as i was browsing i saw one laptop with price tag i couldn't resist. it's Compaq 15.5 inch screen with 40GB, 512 MB, Intel Celeron with 20x DVD ROM, 3 USB ports, Card reader, PCMCIA card slot and wireless network technology. it doesn't come with bluetooth technology but i bought the external bluetooth dongle device to make it bluetooth enabled. i need the laptop to be bluetooth technology enabled because my palm top and mobile phone are bluetooth enabled. oh wait, have i told you i bought a new mobile phone? well, what else if it's not nokia? it's 3230 black and it's bluetooth. i can transfer files, videos and anything to each other wireless. that's the beauty of technology nowadays.
.
people do things wireless and with a click of a button. it's so simple provided you have the know-how knowledge. my bluetooth dongle enabled me to get connected even if i am 100 meters away. i have yet to set up the configuration from my laptop to palmtop internet connection. i need to install a virtual serial port on my laptop before i am able to get connected to the internet via bluetooth technology. i have to find time to configure the settings and read the documentations on it. i am so busy now. i still need to pack my stuffs and prepare a list of what to bring to KL. i need to buy a luggage with wheels. i don't need a big one, i just need a small one cos i can use my other duffel bags. i saw one luggage bag going cheap but i took my time contemplating to buy or not to buy and it's not on sale anymore. what's even more regrettable, it has the size, colour, shape and design that suit my preferences. damn!! i should have bought the luggage when i saw it the first time. i saw another one luggage just now and it was cheap too but i don't quite know if i like it because of the price or design. maybe i better look around first and buy one which really suits my preferences. i have learnt my lesson for buying things on impulse.
.
you know diary, i bought a bluetooth headset and i kind of regret it. it's loose and it falls off from my ear whenever i have to do rough activities waering it. it gives me the convenience of talking handsfree without the cord attached to the phone but it doesn't give me the assurance that it won't fall off from the ear. i should have bought the Motorola one cos it comes with a clip that allows you the freedom of talking without worrying if the headset will drop from the ear. damn!! it sucks man! you know how it feels like when you buy something that you really need but it doesn't perform to your standards. it's anooying and dissapointing. i am thinking of selling this headset away and buy another one or perhaps i could tie few pieces of rubber band around the earpiece to give it that extra grip when i attach it to my ear. geess, i really don't know. i keep buying things without checking for the past 4 days. first of all, it was my optical cordless mouse for my laptop. bought it for 20 bucks and didn't ask if it is battery operated. brought it home and found 2 triple A batteries in the package but couldn't find the compartment for the battery on the mouse. i was sure that it is battery operated cos it's cordless, if it's not battery operated, where would it get the energy to operate? so i went to buy a mini tools set to unscrew the screw at the bottom of the mouse thinking that's where the batteries can be inserted. i was wrong and i wanted to fix the mouse back but i couldn't cos in the process of unscrewing it, i used lot of force onto it and broke the latch. the mouse is useless now and i am so frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment