I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Living Through It Once More...

Dear Diary,

I am back from my CEA class and I am feeling very tired, so tired that I can hardly write. But I cannot leave you unattended for so many days. I feel that I owe you. I feel that I am obligated to write to you because you are my best friend at the moment. Please Diary, do not get me wrong. I am not taking you as my best friend as and when I like or when I ran out of friends. You have always been my best friend more than anybody else. If only I can show you what I truly feel about you.

Diary, there are so many stories to tell after a few days of absence. There is this story about a girl I dreamt about, my road show, Flying Babe and my progress in the real estate. I am not sure about what to tell first but I know I have to tell you something. Story telling is what it is all about isn’t it?

I dreamt about a girl whom I have met once in Subang Jaya. It was unexpected, never thought that she could come into my dream. It was embarrassing to tell you the details of the dream but it was sure comical in a sexy way. It made me laugh thinking about it. Well, I supposed dreams are like cartoons where anything is promising. Nothing seems to be hopeless in a dream. They are free therapy, but the sad thing is you can only get appointments at night.

I went for another road show last Sunday. It was an eight hour road show and it was sure demanding. It was held in my neighourhood. I prepared my own flyers using only Microsoft words. I printed a copy and photocopied into another four hundred pieces. It is cheaper that way since it does not cost more than twenty bucks. I could have got it custom print professionally but I do not think it is practical for me to do it currently. The minimum number to print is twelve thousands and it cost a hundred and twenty dollars. Money is not easy for me so I opted to do my own flyers. I got my name cards ready and I designed my own flyers quite nicely. My Manager likes my self made flyers but I am not sure if he was sincere about it.

Well Diary, as a leader people just have to tell white lies or be nice to you to encourage and motivate you right? Nevertheless, I think he meant it because I was the only newbie during the road show with his own flyers. In other words, I was the only one who came prepared. I think I distributed about two hundred and fifty flyers. I got about fifteen enquiries on the spot and after narrowing them, I have four serious potential clients.

So you see Diary, that’s how agents get their leads. That is the same for insurance. And if you noticed, selling insurance and properties make you earn lots of money if you stay in the industry long enough and work your way to the top. However, not everybody can do that. The first phase of the business is the most challenging because you have to toil yourself to establish your clientele base. But then again, isn’t all business like that? When you first started, you have to make your service or your products known to people. It is call marketing. As agents, you are responsible for your own success. Your managers are only there to guide and coach you. I was not shy during the road show. All I had in mind was to get some leads. When you have leads, that’s what keeps you going.

The easiest way to market your service is through advertising but for people like me with hardly any money in my pocket, I have to think of a low cost but effective method. Road shows and farming are my number one choice now. Being back here, I realized how imperative it is to be able to speak Mandarin. Seventy percent of Singaporeans speak Mandarin and when you are in this business, to be able to speak more than two languages makes you have the upper hand. I have to brush up on my Mandarin and I am thinking of taking up Japanese so I can capture the private properties market that is popular among the Japanese expatriates here.

I have never stopped praying seeking help from Him. I know it is the most proper thing for me to do. We all know that He is the real reason behind every man’s success. Getting back to basics help me become more restful, patient and uncomplaining. I strain less nowadays even though I have less than twenty bucks in my pocket right now. Living with my family perhaps makes me feel untroubled. I guess it is true that the people around you somehow influence how you feel and behave towards life. It is the people you are with makes you become what you are.

I miss my late brother and I miss Flying Babe so much. They are probably gone from my life but I have never forgotten the footprints they left in my heart and how they have touched my life. I have never heard their voices again since they left, but I am bringing myself back to the days when they spoke some encouraging words about me and I can feel that I am hearing those voices once more. I am feeling it all over again, like the wind blowing in my face and I am hoping against hope that someday I will live through the magical surprise of their love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment