I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Monday, April 26, 2010

Remembering Who's Who...

Dear Diary,


I thought that my CEA class is as usual tonight until I check my organizer and realized I have no class. I was just about to take my shower when I received a phone call from a woman to enquire about a house. She introduced herself and I remembered her straight away, even her name. That is probably because I do not have many leads and potential clients at the moment to remember. I even remembered the type of house she was asking for during the road show.

She called me and she asked for a flat that I displayed in the road show. Well, that flat was just a dummy. Agents usually do that just to invite enquiries or callers. That is one of the ways we get our leads too. Do not be surprised if you see an advertisement today and find that the house is sold the next day. Being an agent, you have to be creative and innovative to generate leads. I immediately told her that the house is sold and asked if she is keen on other units if I have any. She said she would be interested and I proceeded to ask her some qualifying questions to see how genuine she is.

The first question I asked was her preferences which she revealed. The second question I asked was how much she is willing to spend on the house which she refused to say. I sort of get the idea that she does not want me to have the idea that she wants me to commit to her. In other words, she simply does not want to feel the pressure of committing to me. Let us not argue that most of us are afraid of sales people because sales people just refuse to take ‘no’ for an answer. They do not give up and are very persistent most of the times in an annoying way.

I left her in her comfort zone when she refused to tell me but I asked her what she needs to know exactly about the house she is buying so I have a rough idea of what to look for her. She told me she needs to know the valuation price of the house most importantly. I tried to find out what is the cash over valuation she is willing to pay but I couldn’t. I didn’t try anymore because the first phase of serving her is easy. All I needed to do is to find out any house type she prefers for sale, get the valuation and let her know and that was what I just did.

I got her about five listings and I text the details to her not so elaborately though. I only text what she needed to know. I will call her tomorrow Diary. Wish me luck ok. I need lots of it lately. I have been keeping my faith for the past few months. It’s tough and challenging being in this industry. I still believe that the day will come when I will close my first transaction. I know I will, you know that too don’t you Diary? At this moment of my time, I am only allowing myself to hear, to read and to visualize good things. I read her message almost every night before I go to sleep. I know we are not together anymore but what she wrote in that message is important to me. I guess I just need some boost of confidence you know like drugs to give a lift to my morale. She gave me that in her message and I am always remembering it. Thank you Flying Babe...

No comments:

Post a Comment