I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Monday, March 28, 2011

Even A Stranger Can Touch Our Hearts....

Dear Diary,

Have you ever wondered about someone that you hardly knew? I have and it is heartrending to do that especially when you know that things between you and her have changed. You long for things to go back to how they were but they did not. You might be wondering if I am going to write about change again however, I must admit that I will not.

I bring to mind when I was young. How I met a woman who would wait for the bus at the same bus stop I did. She was young and sweet and that probably why she caught my attention. I often saw her and she would get down one bus stop before mine. She would always smile at me when she saw me. I never failed to look at her because she was something that I looked forward to at the bus stop. For about a few months I practiced the habit.

There was once when I was sick and I had to be on medical leave. As much as how I like staying in at home, I hated the idea for having to miss her for the day. The next day, at the bus stop, she was there and when she saw me, she smiled and walked up to me. She asked why I was not there yesterday waiting for the bus. She wondered if I was late or early. I explained to her I was sick and had to be on medical leave. She smiled at me and told me to take good care of my health. I never saw her again after that.

I never gave up and I was hopeful that I would see her again but I did not. In my mind, she probably has bought a car or she just did not take the bus service anymore. I knew I was sort of missing her. I came up with so many thoughts about her but I suppose none of it is true as I never saw her again to clarify it with her.

I never knew her Diary. I only knew her by her face but it is amazingly touching how concerned she was when she did not saw me on the day I was on medical leave from school. Strangers we were but when she asked me why I was not there, it showed me how we care for another stranger although we never knew that stranger personally. I still can feel the weight of her concern until today. She has touched my heart in her own plain, simple but significant ways.

Years have gone by and I can still recall how she looked especially when she smiled at me. For whatever reasons I never saw her again, I hope she would still be alive, healthy and happy. I may not even know her name but I know she is a kind soul when she showed me the concern.

To the woman, thank you for the little thought you had for me as you have taught me that care and concern do not wait for someone only we know. The lesson you gave me, I have it instilled in me for my own betterment and bring it forward to other people. As each day comes to me refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world that you ever exist in my life. I have missed you since the day you were gone and I will miss you still.

No comments:

Post a Comment