I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Langkawi Vacation and Sunday Driving Rage

Dear Diary,

Did you know that I went for a holiday to Langkawi with my family in December? I had fun there. I text Flying Babe and Chipsmore and apparently they are going to Langkawi too in January. It keeps me wonder why Langkawi has become so popular nowadays. The last time I was there, it was 21 years ago. There are a lot of changes now, so many that it is no surprise why it has become so popular. 

I suppose the highlights of Langkawi are the cable car and the Sky Bridge. I got to ride on the cable car but not the Sky Bridge as it was closed  for repairs when I was there. It was a waste but I did not really bother as the cable car ride made up for it. The views on top were spectacular. We did many things and I guess the whole family enjoyed the mangrove tour the most. Mom bought 4 sets of Cornelle glassware for our home in Tangkak. It was madness to carry them onto the ferry.

The ferry boarding systems suck a little. It was disorganise and would be a hassle if you have many luggage. The platform was narrow having only the capacity to fit one person at a time. People with many luggage or bulky items need to carry the items one by one at a time and this could be hogging up the queue. That is how they do things there. We rented a car for 4 days there and driving in Langkawi was very relaxing and carefree. Chenang beach was the most happening at night there. It was almost similar to Bali except that Bali is more happening and lively. The seafood there was great, the people were friendly and the atmosphere was rejuvenating. We planned to visit it again and this time we wanna try renting the yatch for a night and sleep in the open sea on that yatch. 

Today, I spent my time cleaning the house. I fetched mom from work and there were two incidents that made me lost my patience. I suppose I am one impatient lady driver. I sounded my horn 10 times at two cars. The first was when he went into my lane abruptly causing me to slam on my brake a little. The second until the tenth horn was at a van whose driver simply took his own time driving and getting lost. he drove for about 30 km/p and stopped as and when he liked simply to be sure where he was. I got irritated because he seemed oblivious to the cars behind him. It was as if he owned the road when he did what he did. 

It was easy for him. The road was not congested and he could easily stopped at an isolated road without disrupting traffic if he just wants to find his way back but instead he stopped right there and then causing the cars behind him to stop as well. He did not realised that he was hogging and disrupting the flow of traffic. I lost my patience and I sounded my horn at him for about 8 times. I was pissed, I really was. As I did what I did, my thoughts were with my mom and wonder if other drivers would be as impatient as I am with her driving skills. I wish I had controlled my temper just now but I could not help it. Well, I am sorry I hope mom would improve on her driving skills soon. 

I got to go Diary. Oh yes...I am still looking for a stall. I am not sure when will I be able to find one that suits me but hey...I got to be choosy right? Location is about everything in a retail business. Okie dokie...got to rin now. Love you Diary.       


No comments:

Post a Comment