I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Saturday, November 7, 2009

What Am I Doing Part 2

Dear Diary,

As I was talking to you about Rolly Polly last night, I got very sleepy and so I have to call it a night. Please accept my apologies because coffee does not work on me anymore nowadays. When I get sleepy, I really get sleepy and there is no holding back. How was your Saturday Diary? I had a good time with my family. We went to JB to pump petrol and then we had seafood at the usual place. It seems to me that my family and seafood cannot be separated.

As I was saying about my company, Rolly Polly is someone I had known for about eight years I think. However, I have never considered her as my friend because we hardly meet in person or hang out together. Our communications were usually based on online instant messaging service. We would chat or email each other. Even after I have moved to Malaysia, we never really got close or better acquainted. That is why I have never considered her as my friend before. But now, if you were to ask me about her, I would say that she is more than a friend. I may even call her my guardian angel now. You see, she is whom I am close now. We hang out together and we talk a lot. We share things and stories. Although we have had our fair share of disagreements and arguments, we are still together trying to make our hopes and dreams alive. She came into my life when my head is strong but my heart is weak. Most of the times after every argument we had, I still think that she is the best business partner for me. She makes it real for me. That is probably because she is as strong headed as I am and I started to see the reason why she and I became close at a later stage of our acquaintance.

Rolly Polly is a year younger and in my opinion, she is intellectually smart, generous, sporting, fun and an initiator. She is fun to be with because I can talk about almost anything under the sun, moon and the sky with her. Her level of general knowledge makes it easy to talk with her. I always like having conversations with intellectually smart women. They are just sexy and mesmerizing. So that is who Rolly Polly is Diary.

After I sold away the drink stall, we got this stall in KL. It was supposed to sell Char Kuey Teow but we sold more than that. We planned everything together from A-Z. We made it happen and it turned out okay. Rolly Polly was a strong person and at times I wondered if I could have made it without her because I know no man is an island. Nobody can do it alone. At least we need some kind of a moral support from those around us. I knew I was being difficult to her many times during the plannings of the stall. She had to give in to me all those times. We fought, we quarreled, we cursed and God knows what else we did to each other. I guess both of us wanted to be free but somehow it was not easy because we are both stubborn. I can say that it was hell with a capital H. It was so difficult to work with her and I am sure she would think like that too toward me. Never have I encountered an enormous problem working with someone before until I realised that it is either do or die.

I taught myself to work with her and I learnt how to compromise because the purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that I have lived at all. We complimented each other and we started focusing on the company’s goals. We sold the stall after two weeks of operations and made a handsome profit for both of us. Right now, we are venturing into other businesses and always on the look out for other money making opportunities. Rolly Polly is the fuel for the company while I am the machine. We can’t make it without each other and I don’t think I can work with anybody else except for her.

I have never really thanked her for the company she gave me or the wake up comments she threw at me or the hurtful but truthful remarks she said about me. I have never really showed her how much I appreciate her or how much I treasure her company now. She is someone whom I will always be thankful to because I know she came into my life at the right time and at the right place. After all my strengths are gone, it is what in her that I can be strong. I hope I can give her what she hopes for even if it is just a smile to make her day.

Hey Rolly Polly, to our company, may our pockets be heavy and our hearts be light. May good luck pursue us each morning and every night. To the lamp of love for the partnership we have, may it burn the brightest in the darkest hours and never flicker in the winds of trial. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment