I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Carbo Load for The Hike

Dear Diary,

I ate so much rice today. So much that I could not believe it myself. It was for breakfast and I always have weaknesses for mum’s fried rice. It was tasty and good and I knew I have to load myself with carbohydrate. I have not eaten rice for 3 weeks and I suppose loading it today will help to give me the energy to hike. I got to bring lots of water and I have to drink 1 big bottle of 100+ today. This is my practice before every hike. I am doing this to avoid getting any cramps during hiking.

I have done some research about getting cramps while hiking and there are two possibilities that I could remember. Salt depletion and inadequate of carbohydrate consumption are the two significant cause of cramps. I need to go out to get some stuff for the hike. I am so sleepy, so sleepy I feel I can fall asleep right here right now. I have been going to bed so late since I am in Tangkak. I need to sleep more. Friday night will definitely be a sleepless night for me. I have to drive from Tangkak to Bangi to collect the sandwiches my ex-girlfriend made for me. And then I will have to go to Kelana Jaya to fetch the rest of my friends who carpool with me. I will have to drive to the starting point of the mountain, settle down and then start the hike. I am not sure if I would still have the energy to hike. I must ensure I get enough of everything before I go for the hike. Enough salt, enough carbohydrate, and enough sleep.

You might be wondering about the sandwiches. Ein is my eight girlfriend, I think. I cannot remember anymore but my relationship with her lasted 14 months. I was in my early twenties. So she offered to make me egg sandwiches for my hike and I accepted her offer. I have not seen her for a long time. The last time I saw her was in Putrajaya when I was manning my drink stall. Apparently, she works there and she was surprised to see me. I was surprised to see her too but both of us did not think it was us so we did not talk to each other. She kept looking at me when she went to her seat to sit and I knew it then that it was really her. I waved at her and smiled and she smiled too. She came to my stall and we chatted. That was years ago when I was living there. Right now, 6 years have passed and I only see her on facebook. She has three children now and I can tell she gets prettier as she aged. If she had not done what she did to me, I am sure I would still be with her. oh well, anyway that is one dinosaur story.


I got to go Diary. I need to sleep.   

No comments:

Post a Comment