I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Change That Eases A Rookie

Dear Diary,

I am sure it has not been a week but I have missed you so much  more than what words can explain. There are so many stories I have for you that I do not know how to begin. Forgive me for not writing as I have been busy with my family, my work and of course my newly found friend without a face. How have you been Diary? I hope you are not upset with me for not talking to you.

I have good news for you Diary. It concerns my work and how I am so proud of myself. Finally the hard work and patience paid off. I am not sure if it is too early to say but really I have made some progress. No I have not closed any deals yet but just about 5 minutes ago, I have made 2 viewing appointments. A few days ago, I received three calls from owners who want to rent out a room in their flat and one who has the intention to sell his house. All the farming I have done, I am seeing the results. Yes, I may have not transacted anything yet but I can see it clearly now what hard work and determination can do for me.

I had two 'rooms for rent listings' but I have to admit that I was not fast enough that I lost one because the owner has found himself a tenant. I am left with one now and I have fixed a viewing appointment tomorrow evening at 8pm. Diary, everything that has happened in our lives are all blessings in disguise. If I had not been persistent with determination to carry on with the farming when I was doubtful of the result, I am sure I would not have had those two appointments fixed. It is from farming that I received the calls and it is from the need to look for tenants that I have came across an online portal that gives me leads easily.

You see Diary, I needed to place an advertisement for my listing and therefore I was searching for online property portals that allow me to post an ad. I came across three and guess what Diary? They have ready tenants for me, a long list of it for me to just mix and match their profiles with the requirements of the owners. But of course, these are all paid portals and it was difficult for me at first until I had the courage to ask dad for a loan. Well, I am broke remember? Dad gave me a little more that what I had asked. I banked in the money and registered online with my debit card and a few seconds later I can see all the contacts of the tenants. I was ecstatic. Oh but I have only registered with one portal and I might register some more when I can.

I was glad beyond descriptions Diary. If I had known about this, I would have done this earlier without having a straight mindset about getting leads and listings. All these while, I thought that the only possible way to get listings and leads are from road shows, referrals, farming and circle of people I know around me but I am wrong. Now I know a little about the tricks behind this trade. There are so many things we can get from technologies. Do you know that conventional advertising has become unpopular nowadays? Most agents advertise online. With 'propertyguru' and 'iproperty' marketing their service aggressively, it is no wonder newspaper advertising has become less demanding.

This shows how the world has changed. The globe turns and so do time and trend. Fashion is not the only one that changes. I will keep moving on and forward for I know with the prayers I have made, efforts I have put in and determination I have shown, I will get there someday with or without her. Dear Allah, bless me please...

No comments:

Post a Comment