I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Focusing On What We Have Than Do Not Have....

Dear Diary,

I went door to door farming today to finish the remainder of blocks for the area I did. I was left with only two blocks and I finished them today. In total I had covered 8 blocks altogether and I am 92 blocks away from my goals. I am moving on to another area tomorrow and I have prepared a new set of latest transacted prices for that area.

Today farming session seemed fast but full of surprises. There were many times when I was startled by barking dogs. It was a good thing that HDB flats always have grilles so the dogs cannot come out of the house. If they could, I am sure I have ended up in the hospitals with many bite marks. I remembered one house I went. The grill was opened because the owner was outside tending to her collection of plants. I walked passed her house and the dog just barked at me angrily. He could come out of the house and attacked me but he didn’t. I was quite afraid if the dog had come out but luckily the owner was outside and she hushed the dog inside. I smiled, thanked her and gave her my flyers.

You know Diary, when the dog was barking at me, I imagined myself as the ‘Mask’ and how I had barked back at the dog with very fearful face, mouth wide open, sharp fangs, slimy tongue and protruding eyes. It is surely good to be able to bark back at all the dogs that have barked at me when I did farming. I supposed I bark back at them in my own way which is to get listing and leads and close the deals. That’s what I am going to do. I feel somehow motivated for the past two days.

Did you know that I received a phone call when I got home today from a resident in one of the blocks. She made some enquiries on latest resale transacted prices. I tried to sound as knowledgeable as possible although I have to admit that I did sound all over the place in some parts of the conversation. It was a good practice for me. From the conversation alone, I learnt of so many things. I should know the transacted prices in the area I want to target. I must have the information at the tips of my fingers because making people wait at the other end of the phone while you search for answers can be unprofessional.

I have learnt how to answer certain questions and soon I might have to write a script on how to counter rejections and objections. That’s what the book said. I must change my mindset and train myself to be a sales millionaire before I can be successful. Whatever it is that I do, acknowledging that I am a salesperson is the bottom line and realized that my job is to sell. I must practice my sales scripts and be diligent. I must always update myself on the market changes and be informative as I can be.

Yesterday and today, I did not think of anybody else before I did my farming. All I thought of was my parents and how I badly want to dedicate my hard work and success to them when I have achieved my goals. I supposed I cannot allow myself be too enveloped with lost loves. It can be distracting and demoralizing. Even how much it hurts I must always learn by heart to focus on what I have instead of what I do not have.

That is what a woman told me last night and I think it is the best advice that I have gotten in times of my adversities. Thank you, for the friendship you have given me, thank you for the friend I have found in you. For whatever reasons you came into my life, I feel blessed because my heart smiles a little having your virtual company. We cannot deny in everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit regardless as a friend or a mere acquaintance.

No comments:

Post a Comment