I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Monday, June 14, 2010

Durians Make Me Sick

Dear Diary,


I am back to Singapore after spending my weekend in Tangkak. I left home on Friday evening, fetched mum from work, had dinner in Jb and started my journey. I hoped that I did not have to drive but my brother had asked me to drive and so I simply had to oblige. I love long distance driving however, not when I am driving with my family. Driving with family does not allow me to have the liberty to smoke and listen to my collection of CDs at a blast. I have to keep my eyes on the road while my family would enjoy the movie on board from the collection of DVD mum brings. I feel somewhat jealous and unfair when that happens. But then again, if that would make my parents happy I supposed I should do it without a sense of unwilling.

A few of my relatives came over too because we had to attend a wedding. We met at the wedding in Segamat and we all went back to Tangkak after that. This time it was crowded a little and somehow I feel happy and less lonely despite the noise and mess. There were about 5 families including mine and imagine how it was like Diary. We had several rounds of durian feast until I cannot eat anymore. Most of my relatives are durian lovers and being with them, I literally had to force myself to eat the durians even though I cannot stomach it anymore. I think I had too much until I felt like the world before my eyes split into two and my stomach turned vigorously like the washing machine on a full cycle.

Everywhere I was I smell durian. Oh Diary, that scent that could merely turned people away. As I talked and breathe, I smell it too. As I was trying to recover from the aftermath of durian overeating, my parents just asked me to drive them to Malacca for a seafood dinner. I looked at them in disbelieve and wondered how could I swallow all those food when I had these soft yellow stuff in my stomach? Suddenly I felt nausea as if the durian in my stomach had travelled all the way to my throat pleading me to let them out. It was a misery to feel like that. I went to the toilet and I let it all out. As soon as it was over, believe me Diary, I felt so much better.

The seafood dinner was at the regular place we frequent in Malacca. Honestly, I don’t really like the service there. The food is not exceptionally good but to compare it with the rest of the seafood restaurants there, they came up top. I just find that they have average service and that’s what turned me off. I had been in the food and beverage business and working part time in the service industry since I was 15 years old thus I got upset easily with restaurants or shops with poor shoddy customer service.

Oh Diary, I have to go now. I wish I could write some more. Somebody is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment