I Am Sensitive

I Am Sensitive

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mind Over Body...

Dear Diary,

I woke up at 9 this morning and my brother invited me to have breakfast at Mcdonalds. I did a few household chores and hurriedly took my shower. When we left home, it was 11am and I did not think I would want to have breakfast anymore. When we got there, we changed our mind and had breakfast at Ya Kun Kaya Toast. I did not like it at all. Firstly, it was small and crowded and you know I hate crowded area.

The thing about Singapore is, land is so scarce that it cost so much to buy a square feet of a piece of land. The seating capacity at Ya Kun Kaya Toast is as big as two master bedrooms of a 5 room HDB flats. That is why I dreaded to have breakfast there. I am so used to sit at cafes in Subang Jaya with so much ample seating space that can accomodate more than 50 pax at a time. I can even have a choice to sit inside the premise or outside. So there we were, seated at a pathetic, miserable table for 2 by the doorway. I had to withstand getting my back knocked against the arms, elbows, bags and even the heads of kids. Now Diary when you get knocked more than you can chew, tell me how are you supposed to enjoy your breakfast?

I finished my breakfast quickly and walked straight to Cold Storage. I bought a few groceries and headed to Guardian Pharmacy. I shopped for my toiletries and how thankful I was that I did not buy it at Cold Storage. Guardian is having a cut down prices on selected items and I got a couple of good buy. My brother was browsing for some anti hair loss products when a salesgirl approached us offering her products to my brother. I think my brother has already got his eye on one product and he made excuses to decline her offer. However, he gave her such a weak excuse and he got schooled in the end in a nice diplomatic manner.

I did not find that the salesgirl was rude but rather I find that she is honest and truthful. My brother told her that he has tried many products and he got tired of trying anymore new products. She told him, one must try a product or a brand for at least 3 months before one can see the result. And during those 3 months, one must faithfully do the things one must do to create the result. She looked at me while she was saying it and I looked back at her smiling not trying to ignore her because my brother was ignoring her.

I nodded in agreement but I remained silent. I was not silent because I could not be bothered by her but I was silent because I wanted what she said to sink in. It was true what she said. Even though she was referring to some anti hair loss products but the content of what she said applies to almost everything.

Just about yesterday, I am feeling a bit demotivated again and I was thinking of looking for a paying job but after hearing what she said, I am just going to ignore the idea. Perhaps I must ask myself what have I done to get the kind of result I have gotten. Have I done enough to say that I am not progressing and have I done what I am supposed to do diligently to close more deals? What have I done to secure viewing appointments? She may have said it simply but it really made me think of what I really need to be doing before I give up.

Giving up is the last thing I want to do and I must make sure that I do whatever it takes for me to become successful in this arena before I can call it quit. If I have not done enough and then quit, it is a shame but if I quit after I have done enough until there is nothing more to do, then at least I can say I have done all that I could but real estate is just not meant to be my rice bowl.

Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it. I have learnt to look at ourselves first before we decide to pass judgements on things or on people. I have learnt that sucess does not come easy. I have learnt that there are many who are successful in the world were once poor or failures. But the difference between them and ordinary people is, they are always positive about everything. The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible. If I just try, I might get exactly what I want. If I don't, I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment